Al HollidayMake Press Inquiry
In a few short years, Al Holliday & The East Side Rhythm Band have built their reputation as the hard-hitting, world-class, force-of-R-&-B-nature beyond comparison. People everywhere have done more than just take notice as this young-blooded crew has brought their searing, raw performances to stages from their hometown St. Louis, across the region, and beyond.
The band’s distinct brand of Soul music is a bit less “New York City” and much more “Mississippi River”. Their sound combines the loose, funky feel of New Orleans R&B along with the visceral power and intensity of East St. Louis’ own Ike & Tina Turner – and they bring it all right to ya with truly inspired original numbers by an undeniable, natural born artist, Al Holliday.
Whether it has been performing for the hysterical audience for their recent “Natural Remedies” CD release show, or sharing the stage with Galactic, Dumpstaphunk, and Orgone: Al Holliday & The East Side Rhythm Band has been whipping audiences into a frenzy with their burning, truly one-of-a-kind performances.
The band’s brand new release, “Natural Remedies”, was cut live to analog tape by the nine young men and women that are The East Side Rhythm Band – made with as much blood, sweat and tears as fried chicken and potato salad. The performances on this album serve as a document of this burgeoning champion Soul and R&B organization, while the content is nothing less than a revelation of a true artist, which in our times, is not something you see every day.
If you are looking for the real thing, look no further. The genuine article, steeped in tradition, truly inspired, with a whole lot of Soul – it is no mystery why Al Holliday & The East Side Rhythm Band is the Mississippi River’s hottest young act – and sho’ ain’t no doubt – they’ temperature is risin’.
R&B | Blues | Americana/Roots
- Riverfront Times, Album review, 05/23/2013, Made It Through the Mill, Again Review See Text
- Riverfront Times, Article, 09/25/2013, Best R&B Artist See Text
- Riverfront Times, Article, 05/20/2014, Soul/Funk: Meet the 2014 RFT Awards Nominees See Text
- Riverfront Times, Article, 09/24/2014, 2014 Best Male Vocalist See Text
- Columbia Daily Tribune, Article, 01/22/2015, Movin’ on up: MU grad leads soulful, versatile East Side Rhythm Band See Text
- Riverfront Times, Album review, 11/25/2015, Al Holliday Channels the Spirit of the Late Allen Toussaint on Natural Remedies See Text
- Riverfront Times, Event preview, 04/27/2017, The All St. Louis Soul Revue Seeks to Unite the City's Finest Artists See Text